Introduction to Aircast Walkers
As opposed to the use of a conventional cast, an Aircast Walker is a type of boot that is worn in order to help stabilise the ankle/foot area of the leg.
There are numerous options to consider when choosing a walking cast replacement. A well-designed walker is a cost-effective treatment method that removes the time and costs associated with making a cast.
The Pneumatic Walker is an ankle/foot stabilising boot.
- Multi air cell support with graduated compression.
- Custom-inflated air cells provide individual fit and support.
- Full shell protection.
- Sealed air-cushioned heel.
- Rocker tread encourages a close to normal gait without external rotation.
- The Pneumatic Walker is removable, which poses no restrictions when bathing, or when therapy is required.
- Promotes fracture healing.
- Durable, light and comfortable.
- An off-the-shelf alternative to a customised cast.
- Suitable for stable fractures of the tibia
- Suitable for malleolar fractures.
- Suitable for calcaneal, talar, cuboid or metatarsal fractures.
- Ideal for post-surgery use.
- A good choice for severe ankle sprains.
The Short Pneumatic Walking Brace is an ankle/foot stabilising boot.
- Total circumferential support provides strength and comfort when walking.
- Rocker sole enables plantar unloading.
- Medial, lateral and anterior air cells encourage dynamic oedema reduction.
- The combination of the foam liner and air cells provides superior circumferential cushioning and comfortable walking.
- Easy application and simple adjustments that accommodate dressing and swelling changes provide a user-friendly option.
- Metatarsal fractures
- Forefoot, midfoot and hindfoot injuries.
- Acute or post-operative treatment.
- A bunionectomy.
- Soft tissue injuries.
The Pneumatic Walker Diabetic System is an ankle/foot stabilising boot designed for diabetic patients.
- Multi air cell support enables a total contact fit.
- Rocker sole reduces plantar pressure.
- Graduated air cell compression controls oedema.
- Air cell inflation is regulated with hand bulb pressure gauge.
- Semi-rigid shell provides protection and immobilisation.
- Fracture management suitable for diabetics
- Suitable for neuropathic ulceration treatment.
Call us now on (011) 640 7198 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your free first consultation and assessment!