Various types of ankle and foot braces (Ankle Foot Orthosis [AFO]) are available. The following is a brief description of each.
The Speed Brace is an ankle and foot brace or Ankle Foot Orthosis (AFO) that is constructed using patented moulding technology to create a hybrid between a stirrup and a soft ankle support.
The stirrup-shaped plastic exo-skeleton intuitively conforms to individual anatomy and is directly moulded onto a revolutionary, soft, breathable fabric.
Based on tests using the Speed Brace ankle AFO with heel lock strap, it was found that the Speed Brace combines the comfort and compression of a soft ankle support with 35% more support than traditional stirrups. The version without the heel lock strap was found to provide only 20% support.
- Speed lacing hooks enable efficient lacing.
- Allows for normal plantar and dorsiflexion.
- Lightweight, low profile design.
- Highly breathable, quick drying fabric reduces odours.
- Unlike taping, which stretches over time, figure-8 heel lock strap performs consistently.
- Available with or without figure-8 heel lock strap.
- Adjusts to the correct size.
- Provides arch support.
- Suitable for mild to moderate ankle sprains and strains (grades i and ii)
- Provides post cast support.
- Suitable for chronic ankle instability.
- Suitable for prophylactic use.
The Exoform Dorsal Night Splint ankle and foot orthosis (AFO) is a functional and comfortable solution that addresses the common problems associated with other bracing options.
- Integrated support shell with adjustable aluminium stay maintains the therapeutic angle of the foot and lower leg at 85° to 90°.
- Thermo-formed Form Fit® padding on the inside of the splint provides added comfort.
Full calf and heel strapping holds the foot at the desired angle, thereby eliminating rotation and migration.
Flex edge over-moulding eases pressure points and discomfort in all circumstances during sleeping hours.
Semi-rigid plantar pad reduces discomfort along the sides of the foot and improves the angle of dorsiflexion.
Non-slip plantar pad surface helps prevent slipping.
Aesthetically superior, low-profile design.
The Exoform Dorsal Night Splint is suitable for:
The Form Fit posterior night splint ankle and foot orthosis (AFO) is designed with comfort in mind. It includes patented 3-dimensional padding throughout the shell and adjustable flexion straps that control the amount of stretch as required.
Adjustable flexion straps provide a gentle stretching of the plantar fascia and Achilles tendon.
Adjusts from 10˚to 90˚ dorsiflexion.
A soft, Lycra-lined foam interior provides a plush, washable solution that is also breathable; which helps to prevent heat build-up.
Lycra-lined foam-padded straps maintain comfort across the flexor tendons.
User-friendly, centre-release buckles simplify application.
Lightweight, low-profile shell is sturdy and breathable.
Available with or without slip-resistant tread.
The Form Fit Night Splint is suitable for:
Other lower extremities due to injury
Call us now on (011) 640 7198 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your free first consultation and assessment!