Supportive Protective Finger Brace
A supportive protective finger brace is used to support and protect the fingers due to minor injury.
Softer finger braces provide support in such a way as not to completely immobilize the hand, and are used mainly as protective braces as a result of physical activity. A softer brace is also suitable for post-surgery use.
Supportive protective finger braces are available in a range of styles and sizes.
- Provides support and compression for the thumb.
- Semi-rigid support for the thumb with normal functioning of the phalanges.
- A Cut-away along the palm section provides for full functionality of the hand.
- A thumb splint includes an adjustable aluminium thumb stay that can be adapted to enable a comfortable fit.
- Easy to fit.
- Immobilises the thumb MP and CMC joints.
- Ideal for use when engaging in sporting activities.
Buckled Thumb Spica Support
A buckled thumb Spica support is a brace that is used to protect the fingers due to minor injury.
- Provides support and compression for the thumb and wrist.
- Easy and comfortable fit.
- Wrap around wrist strap provides added support.
- Aluminium stay stabilizes and restricts movement of the CMC and MPC joints.
A buckled thumb Spica support is suitable for:
- Protection of the thumb and wrist due to injury.
- Tendonitis of the wrist and thumb.
- The treatment of de Quervain’s disease.
- Protection of the thumb and wrist as a result of a scaphoid fracture.
A thumb wrap is a brace used to support and protect the fingers due to minor injury.
- Unique boomerang design
- Easily wraps around the base of the thumb.
- Thumb piece allows for extra compression and support at the base of the thumb.
A thumb wrap is suitable for:
- Post-operative therapy.
Post-operative Finger Braces
A post-operative finger brace is a finger orthosis that is used to partially immobilise the finger area to promote post-surgery healing.
Harder braces provide support in such a way as to partially immobilise the fingers/hand, and are used mainly as protective braces as a result of physical activity. A post-operative finger brace is also suitable for post-surgery use.
Post-operative finger braces are available in a range of styles and sizes.
Bunnell Finger Braces
A Bunnell finger brace is a splint that is used to correct abnormalities of the hand.
- A Bunnell splint applies sound biochemical principles and gentle dynamic forces in the treatment of joint contractures and joint stiffness.
- The Bunnell splint induces corrective treatment by means of its unique construction, comprising spring-steel and elastic bands.
- Orthopedic grade felt padding.
- Easily adjustable.
- Malleable stainless-steel and spring wire can easily be reshaped.
- Intensity of treatment can easily be adjusted by adding or removing elastic bands.
More information on the popular Bunnel splint can be obtained in consultation with a medical specialist.
Call us now on (011) 640 7198 or email us at email@example.com to book your free first consultation and assessment!